Indian E-commerce sector is estimated to touch as high as USD 85 billion in 2021. Approximately 35 million online shoppers in India have adopted online marketplaces quite well.
As far as the precious jewellery segment is concerned, it is totally understandable that people in India would be quite conservative in their approach while considering the online purchase due to their emotions connected to the entire ‘Process of buying Gold jewellery’. For Indians, buying jewellery is an emotion and a symbol of wealth, power and prosperity. Hence, they prefer buying it only after testing them physically. It is difficult to get them to buy online due to the pricing factor as well as the trust factor. It is very important for them to buy jewellery from their known and trusted sources. But, the growth of the online market has been immense. It would be fair enough to say that these people are very much adaptable of the new technology, unlike the traditional audience. Therefore, there are many benefits of buying jewellery online as compared to traditional shopping.
However, there are brands which provide authentic and certified jewellery online with all the necessary details. Check out the given below checklist.
- The pictures of the jewellery should be taken from all different angles to give a clear understanding about how it would look like when it comes to you. It is very necessary that you don’t feel like the jewellery is different from what is shown on the webpage.
- The weight of both gold and diamonds should be properly mentioned. So, don’t forget to check it separately to avoid any following confusions.
- It is definitely not possible to know what will be the size of your precious jewellery when it is delivered to you. This is one of the most common issues faced by all customers. Well, it is because you often buy from the websites that don’t mention the size or forget to check the same in product details. Therefore, be careful and check the dimensional details (mm).
- The shape of the jewellery should be clearly visible. Also, the shape of the diamonds used must be mentioned, whether it’s a heart-shaped or a round cut or a princess cut.
- Also, take care of the number of diamonds used in the piece of jewellery. Sometimes, it is quite difficult to count the number of diamonds just by looking at the picture; hence, it is important that all the details are mentioned.
- Karat and Carat have always been confusing for many of the jewellery shoppers. Well, it is quite simple. Karat stands for measuring the purity or fineness of gold, where 1 karat – 1/24th part of pure gold in an alloy. However, in designer jewellery, the highest purity is 22 Karat (22 parts of gold and remaining 2 parts of other metal as 100% pure gold is too soft for making the jewellery)which is 91.6% pure gold, usually referred as 916. On the other hand, Carat stands for measuring the weight of Diamonds. 1 carat = 200 milligrams or 0.2 grams.
Secured server certificate
Okay, so this sounds a bit technical, let me make it easier for you. The SSL CERTIFICATE is provided to the websites which are authentic. It ensures that all the customer data like credit/debit card information is not going to any illegitimate server or manipulated by any dubious sources but is reaching to the authentic server. One can identify whether the website is given the SSL Certificate or not by checking its link, it would be starting from “https” instead of “http”.
Certificate of Authenticity
The certificate of authenticity should be provided to the online jewelers by some certified labs like IGI, GIA or Hallmark for Gold. These are some internationally recognized certificates who have very strict standards while approving the quality of diamonds. The reports provided by them accurately analyses the cut, clarity, color and carat weight of the diamonds.
Easy Return policies
This comes before you make the purchase and not after it. Make sure that the RETURN POLICIES are smooth, short, quick and not tiresome. At times, websites do not have any return policies at all. In those cases, do not buy from such websites as there is no guarantee whether the product quality will be worth your money!
Check the options of payment to see whether they have the payment gateway you want to opt for before juggling through all the products on their website. If it a standard website, it must be having payment options like COD (the upper limit of it), digital wallets, Debit/Credit card, net banking, etcetera.
Delivery period and order tracking
The delivery periods should not be more than 1 / 2 weeks. It is the standard period that any website asks for. The website also must have a built-in mechanism of order tracking.
Transit insurance holds a great significance for the business as well as the consumer. It protects the goods in transit while it Is being transported from one location to another one through any means.
Hence, these are the factors we need to carefully consider while buying precious jewellery online. The online company must be having all the specifications displayed on their page. We are glad to mention that plushvie takes into account all the above-mentioned concerns and delivers the best certified jewellery, they also have the knowledge about the niche and willingness to resolve all the doubts of their customers in a prompt yet humble fashion. It is having all the specifications displayed on their page in a detailed and understandable manner.
Shopping online saves a lot of time, money and efforts of the customers in the end. All the millennials are tech-savvy, and so they know about online shopping and the benefits that come with it. They can tell the same to their parents and grandparents about it and that can do wonders for them. You can take the help of this guide to help your mothers and grandmothers to shop jewelry online.
In a nutshell, it is not as complex as it seems. Whether you are buying for yourself or for jewellery gifting your loved ones, just make sure you buy from a responsible online seller and don’t forget to check 7 things before buying jewellery online above and you will get your precious gems and diamonds right at your doorstep making your smile a little broader and your look little brighter !