Some people believe in Karma, while some don’t. Every person thinks in a different way. When it comes to Indian, they believe in lots of things. This is the reason why birthstone is so popular in this country.
Every month of the year has a different birthstone which usually helps in indicating the unique taste of every person. When it comes to November born, they are blessed with two birthstones: Topaz and Citrine. In this blog, we are going to talk about Topaz. This birthstone displays a remarkable array of color, giving off a golden glow of fiery strength that often helps in connecting with passion. It is found in countries like Russia, Sri Lanka, Italy, Sweden, and Mexico. This stone is known for its interesting facts. Some of them are as follows:
1. The beautiful Topaz is found in several gorgeous colour like blue, green, red, pink, brown, gold, and peach. It is popular for its stunning yellow colour.
2. Its most valuable colour is ‘Red’ which is known as ‘Regal’. Only 1% of this gem is found in this colour.
3. Ancient Greeks used to believe that this stone has some special powers that can help a person in increasing their strengths during the time of trouble.
4. Apart from the above facts, the most popular Topaz is 1680-carat colorless topaz which is only seen on the Portuguese crown. At early time, this particular gemstone was thought to be the largest diamond ever found.
5. Some astrologers believe that wearing a topaz necklace can keep you away from sadness and give an unbelievable strength to your mind.
6. Most of the Topaz is found in Brazil
7. Topaz is able to achieve a rating of 8 out of 10 on the Mohs hardness scale. It proves that the stone is durable and it can be worn daily.
8. This Birthstone is associated with faithfulness, devotion, friendship, and commitment. That is why it is known to be a perfect gift for weddings and anniversaries.
9. In the 19th century, Pink color Topaz got discovered in Russia. This precious gemstone was only allowed to be used by Czar and his family.
10. There are 2 theories associated with the origin of Topaz gemstone:
It is said that this name is derived from a small island called as Topazios. It is in the Red Sea but this island actually never produced any topaz gemstones. In fact, at that time, the modern mineral detection methods were created, which is why topaz was often got confused with peridot.
11. According to some gemologists, the topaz word is derived from the Sanskrit word 'Tapas' which means “fire”.
12. This stone is formed due to the process called as crystallization which usually takes place in rhyolite and rocks.
We hope that the given information may help you to learn something about the incredible Topaz, the birthstone of November.
Get the stunning details of your birthstone here:
June - Pearl, Alexandrite, and Moonstone
July - Ruby
August – Peridot, and Sardonyx
September - Sapphire
October - Opal, and Tourmaline
November - Topaz